Monday, December 9, 2013

Little Cypress Tree - Before

On a foggy day last week when I was looking for a nice bouquet, I found a little Cypress tree.  I'd never seen one before, and was taken by the perfect miniature scale of the branches.


It's 15" tall from the bottom of the pot to the tip of the tree.  It's a blank slate, waiting for some decorations.




After going through all of my stuff, I pretty much settled on this small mix.  I won't really know until I try them, because they have to be really light.  The branches aren't very strong at all.

I tried all kinds of yarn and ribbon and silk strands, but the scale was all wrong.  The green ladder yarn and the orange nubby yarn are the only two possibilities.




I'm not sure what color scheme I'll go with.  I do know that the light bulb beads are too large, darn it.

I'll use the colored metal wire as hooks.  That will be a lot of fiddly work to cut tiny pieces, bend them, hang the item, then decide if I like it or not.

For such a small tree, it's going to take a long time, but hopefully not more than another day or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.