Monday, December 2, 2013

Give a Little, Part Seven

Hey - I finished something sooner than I predicted!!!


This is the fabric for the charity quilt I started on Saturday, November 23rd.  I was hoping to have it finished by this past weekend, and I finished it a couple of days early.




In order to get it done so quickly, there was a lot of this going on.




You can see that it's a simple pattern.  I alternated 2" x 10" white strips with 5" x 10" patterned strips.  So simple, yet so pleasing.  I guess I like the symmetry of it.  

I also like the mix of light, medium, and dark prints.




It's a small quilt, but it's not THAT small (it's 36" x 47".)  This pig thinks it fits just right in his cradle, and I guess it does when you keep folding and folding it.




Aside from the simple pattern and small size, several other things made this a quick finish.  

 
The quilting was simple - I echoed each rectangle, then sewed a large X.  For durability, I machine stitched the binding.


The backing was one single length of fabric - it's so nice not to have to do any piecing on this side.  And since I'm giving it away, there was no need for a sleeve or a label.





And here's the finished quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.