Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Juvenile Embroidery Book, Page 8

This week I finished another page in my juvenile embroidery book.  Earlier this year I predicted I would have them all done by the end of December, but I still have twenty or so to go.  I don't know why I keep predicting when things will be done, since I'm so bad at it.


This is one of the few times I used such a light-colored floss. I think the only other time was for Carousel Pony.  Part of me wanted to use something that stood out more, but I also wanted a realistic color for the goose body.  Plus this way, the supporting objects are featured.

I like the way she has her eye on that butterfly.




Here's the inspiration fabric.  It was kind of hard to find something with a goose on it, but there she is on the left.

In fact, for the twenty blocks I have left, I've been having trouble finding fabric with the same subject as the block.  This weekend I was able to find three more, so I'll be set for a little bit. 




This is sort of how it will look in the book - fabric on the left page, block on the right page.

I already started the next one - it's a bunny.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.