Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thursday is Purse Day - Autumn Purse

I made this purse in December, 2009.  The body is 8" x 8" x 3" and the handles add another 8" in height.  It's from Terry Atkinson's Happy Hour book.  It was fun to make, and I made two others in addition to this one.




This is one of three polymer buttons on the front.  I got them several years ago at the International Quilt Festival in Chicago.  They had an awesome button vendor there, but I never wrote down their name.  Wish I had, though!




This one's on the right side.




The inside fabric has the same colors as the outside's upper band and binding, but it has a more crisp detailing to it.  The leaf fabric on the outside has more of a brushed, watercolor look.  (note photo below)




The most fun part of making the purse was making a little wallet out of the leftovers. 




I made a different style wallet for each purse.  This one is folded like it's cold with its arms wrapped across its middle to keep warm.




A leaf pin keeps the wallet closed.  I'm pretty sure I got this pin back when the Audubon Art Fair used to be held at Olbrich Garden.  That was a beautiful place for an art fair. 




Here's the wallet open, with just a few essentials.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.