Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Quilt Finish - Paint Quilt

Last night I finished my Paint Quilt.  I couldn't focus properly on my new Froga Quilt with a UFO hovering over me.


I like painting, and now I have a paint-themed quilt.




The quilt is 48" x 48".  The pattern is Square City from the book Easy Weekend Quilts.




The borders around the blocks are approximately the width of a paint-stirring stick.




Most of the fabric is from Carrie Bloomston's Paint Collection.




My favorite one is these paint swatches, done to look like watercolor dabs.  Mixed in with the colors are symbols, text, and bar codes.




This is the only large block not from the Paint Collection.  I was originally going to use a mixture of paint, sewing, and floral fabrics, but that was too busy.  I kept the sewing and florals in the borders, though.  A little busy is OK.

The binding is the same fabric as the centers of the Courthouse Step blocks.  It's also by Carrie, but from a different collection.  Don't ask me which one, because I've misplaced the selvage.

You can sort of see the quilting I did - Atomic Squares, which I learned from Angela Walters' book Free Motion Quilting.




The back. 




The center panel of the back was pieced to look like a paint brush.




The bristle portion of the brush also acts as my quilt label.




I suppose this is one use for a paint quilt.

But I'm either going to hang it on the wall or give it to our dog.  He likes to snuggle under quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.