Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday is Purse Day - Pearl Purse




I made Pearl Purse in March, 2007.  The body is 2.5" x 2".  With the beaded fringe and handle, it's 7" tall.  


I sort of cheated when I made this purse.  It looks like it was really hard to make, but the body is a piece of trim that already had the beads and sequins on it.  I folded it in thirds in such a way that the back looks exactly like the front flap, as does the front under the flap.



I made the beaded handle and fringe, though.  I did a little different handle on this purse.  Instead of just having a string of beads that begins and ends at the purse top, I added two swinging side extensions.  I like the little metal leaves that punctuate the ends.  Metal beads are the neutral that gives a beaded item a nice counterpoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.