Monday, October 21, 2013

Sewing Photographs

"I'm going to sew today." 
"I should go sew today."
"For sure, today I'm going to sew."
And still, no sewing, even though I picked out my next project nearly two weeks ago. 

At this time of year, it's fun to be outside admiring nature, and that's what I've been doing a lot of.   My husband helped me rationalize this by saying I've been sewing photographs.  And so I have.  These are from a recent trip to the UW Arboretum.
  
Walk this way...



Could this tree BE any redder?  (said with a Chandler Bing intonation)


The warm side of the color wheel, all on one branch.

 
 Magic trick.


These almost look like itty bitty oranges for itty bitty people.  

 
People carved doodles into this soft Birch bark, so I had to get a shot way down low.  I guess they thought it wasn't attractive enough on its own.


I'm getting more and more fond of brown as I find variations I like, such as this rich chestnut color.


This might be my favorite bench of all time, even if it is metal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.