Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tea for Tuesday - Bird House Cookie Jar

Two of my favorite things about spring are birds and garage sales.  



I bought this birdhouse cookie jar at a garage sale two years ago.  I was drawn to the buttery yellow of the walls.  Buttery yellow and lemon yellow are two of my favorite colors.

While I'm in a bird mood, I'll show you some of our bird houses...




The decorations that originally came on this bird house fell off, or something.  I attached these buttons with that blue stuff that looks like gum.  It's held for at least three years, through all kinds of weather.




This was an unpainted butterfly house which I decorated a couple of years ago.  After painting two sides purple and the other two teal, I attached Kaffe Fasssett fabric with tiny little brads.  This dark fabric held up well, but the pale fabric on the other side faded a lot.  

We've never had butterflies in here, but we have had hornets.




I didn't do anything to this one.  I just liked the colors, and judging from the nose on the left, somebody likes the smell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.