Sunday, May 19, 2013

Little Old Pink Cradle

I bought this doll cradle at a garage sale last weekend.  I asked the seller what she could tell me of its history.  It was made by neighbors of her parents who lived up north.  They made it for her daughter so that when her daughter visited her grandparents she would have something to play with.  Those are nice neighbors.



I asked how old the cradle was, and she said at least 35 years old, because that's how old her daughter is.  That would put the year at 1978.  But look at that decal.  That style is 1950s, don't you think?  

Maybe she didn't know the whole story of the cradle.  Maybe the neighbor made it in the 1950s for his daughter and when she was all grown up the cradle was just laying around being lonely.  Then the neighbor saw a little girl next door, dusted off the cradle, and said "look what I made for you".  

Maybe I'm the one making up stories.


This is how I play with the cradle.  It's sitting under my antique ironing board holding all my flannels.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.