Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Second Quilt Retreat

It took me all week, but I've got my sewing room purged (and some new decor added) and I'm ready for my second quilt retreat this weekend!! First let's look at what I've got for the retreat's freebie table.




These are the scraps I'm getting rid of.  They filled six one-gallon plastic bags, separated by color.  




This is the fabric - mostly fat quarters - and patterns.  There are a bunch of other patterns tucked in the back.  They didn't have pretty colors on the front, so they can't be on display.  They're still good patterns, though.  In the basket on the right, in the front, are some embroidered napkins I bought a couple of years ago, thinking I'd put them on an apron.  Don't feel like it now, so off they go!




Nice new magazines.  No articles cut out!!

End of freebies!!!


These are necessary retreat/workshop supplies.  Bags and tape so each person can have a tidy place to catch their threads.  Name tags and waterproof pens with which to identify yourself.  For my first quilt retreat, I made name tags for everyone, decorated with stickers and names written in NON-WATERPROOF ink.  Some of them got wet on transport, and ran, and I learned my lesson!!

The guild bought these, but I wanted to make a nice bag for them to live in.




I found this sewing/craft-themed flannel in my stash to use for the bag.  Then I bought some rick rack and black bias tape to jazz it up a little bit.


 
It looks so tall, doesn't it?  But I made it just for those supplies and didn't want it to be too sloshy or big.  It fits just right.  I followed the drawstring bag tutorial on In Color Order.   The lining adds a nice heft to it.  I changed it a teeny bit by adding the trim and using only piece of fabric for the outside.   I like her version with two fabrics on the outside, but I was in a hurry.


This is the fabric for my retreat project.  I'll be making Glam Garlands from Elizabeth Hartman's Modern Patchwork.

Gotta run; I'm not done packing yet!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.