Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday Theme - Modern Asian Inspiration

On some Thursdays I'll feature items that have a similar theme.  They might be quilts, books, or purses I made.  Or, they might be ceramics or other objects (not made by me) related to the theme.  If there are too many, I'll spread them out over multiple, but not always consecutive, posts.




I showed you this Alexander Henry fabric before.  I bought it at The Sewcial Lounge in September when they had their birthday party.  Sometimes I buy fabric and get tired of it, but I'm still very happy with this.  I bought 1/4 yard and have three projects planned.


Look what I found yesterday - a box of stationery.  You see the theme beginning to unfold. 


I will love this box long after the notecards are sent out.  I must remember to keep one of each for myself!


I also found this small teapot yesterday.  This side of it looks Modern Asian to me: Asian because of the bamboo-feeling handle and Modern because of the color.  The other side has a black line drawing of crude-looking fruit, which is sort of stylistically charming, but not as pleasing as this calm, blank side - and definitely NOT Modern Asian.  I'm going to pretend the other side doesn't exist.

  
Last in the theme are these Asian motifs from Aimee Ray's Doodle Stitching: The Motif Collection, the embroidery book I've been raving about.  You just know I have to make something with them.

Now I just have to decide if I'm going to wait and show you the three projects together, or show them individually.  I guess it will depend on how quickly I can get them completed.  They're all small, so I should be able to finish by the end of the month.   I'm probably kidding myself, because I want to finish my dress form quilt, my fabric color wheel quilt, and my fowl embroidery, first.  So I guess you'll see them whenever!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.