Monday, December 17, 2012

Fowl Embroidery - The Reveal

In Fowl Embroidery - The Beginning, I gave you a peek at my second embroidery project.  I finished it this weekend.




Once again, I didn't use an embroidery hoop.  The stitching got a little too tight in some places, but I'd rather put up with that than the unwieldiness and inflexibility of a hoop.

I knew that I wanted to make a mini-quilt out of this, so I picked the colors to coordinate with my border fabric.




Here is Fowl Weather Friends.  It's approximately 14 inches square.   

I'm going to hang it in the cubbyhole area near the Bear Dens.  I'll show you its companions tomorrow.

I love, love, love periwinkle blue, the color of Chicory.  I checked the dictionary to see what a periwinkle is, since I didn't know.  It's another name for Vinca minor (the ground cover also called myrtle) and Vinca major.  It's also a mollusk.  Hmm.  Did not know that!   From now on when I see Vinca, I'll say periwinkle instead.  The name sounds like a fairy winking or stars twinkling.   The best part of the dictionary information: "Rhymes with Rip van Winkle".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.