Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday Is Fun Day - Cat Sewing Basket

I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics last week looking for a sewing basket.  I found three that I really liked and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't narrow it down to just one.  I reasoned that I could always return any of them if they didn't work out for some unfathomable (decorating) reason.


We live in a dog household, but I sure like cat motifs.  I think it's because cats look more homogeneous as a species than dogs do.  Often when I see a dog motif, it might be of a breed I don't particularly like, so I won't buy it.   But almost all of the cat designs I see are cute, in my opinion.




It was only this morning that I cut off the tag and decided to keep it.  Part of me found it hard to justify so many sewing baskets in my life (I'm not even talking about the other four I already own).  But once I removed the plastic trays inside and viewed them as regular, albeit extremely decorative, baskets - then I was sold. 




This basket now contains all the fabric and pattern for my next project, a new apron for my mannequin.  And that's the cat's meow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.