Thursday, April 28, 2016

It Had My Name All Over It

At Laura Waskilowski's Tiny Homes workshop, I bought some of her pearl cotton.


I had to - it had my name all over it.




I haven't used pearl cotton for embroidery, but she hand-dyed it and it was nice and shiny so I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm used to embroidery floss which comes in one thickness.  She had three.  This is what I chose for the #5 skeins, which are her thickest, and which works best on wool. She also sells #8 and #12.

I always have so much trouble with small numbers indicating a larger size.  But I decided to think about how many people can fit in an elevator, depending on the size of the people.  Five really large people or eight medium people or twelve small people.




These are my #8 skeins, the most versatile size for cotton fabrics.




I only bought two of the #12 size.  This is so thin and won't show up really well after stitching, but sometimes you want fine detail.

Her names are so nice.  The name fell off the purple one before I bought it.  Maybe it's something like Blackberry.




Looks like a braid rug when laid out like this.  She has a really useful tutorial on how to store threads for stitching.

As excited as I am to make a new Tiny Home so I can use these pretty threads, I want to finish my Elephant Pillow Quilt first.  That project is dragging on way too long because the darn quilt is too big.  I need to get over my mental block and power through to the end.  Maybe a goal or two will help.  Like finishing the piecing of the other side on Friday and making the sandwich on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.