Sunday, January 10, 2016

Making a Teapot

I have friend who's a passionate and expert potter.  She makes beautiful teapots and mugs, and knows all the nuances of how different glazes behave differently under gas, electric, and wood firings.  I have none of those skills, so I'll settle for making a teapot out of fabric.


I'm using this paper pieced pattern I picked up somewhere a few years ago on clearance, for $1.  It's old - the copyright date is 1995 - but evidently popular over the years since it's still available from Quilters Warehouse.  

I have my eye on the camping trailers pattern she designed.




I'm starting with these fabrics.  

This quilt is going to hang in a narrow kitchen cupboard, backing a shelf where I keep my tea bags.  I'll make the teapot first, then see if I have room for any of the cups and saucers.

This shouldn't take too long, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.