Wednesday, January 6, 2016

An Ugly Lap Quilt

I sewed like crazy ever since last week and finished all three of my charity quilts yesterday morning.  I needed to turn them in yesterday afternoon.  I made one shawl and two lap quilts, all backed with fleece, destined for a memory care unit.  I liked the first one - a quarter log cabin.

 
This second lap quilt was the last of the three quilts I made, and I really ran out of time.  To make my deadline, I made just one really large block.  At first, I thought I had a good thing going.  The center was this nice citrus fabric.


It kind of went downhill from there.  I didn't have a lot of fabric that went with the fruit, but eventually settled on this collection. The colors go OK together, but you can tell they're a hodgepodge of styles and they sure look to me like somebody was just using up a bunch of fabric they didn't want any more.




And that's exactly what happened.  I learned a lesson with this one - if you can't do something decent, then maybe you shouldn't do anything at all. 

Tomorrow we'll look at the third charity quilt - a shawl.  It's nicer than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.