Thursday, January 23, 2014

Progress Report - Knitted Chevron Pillow

I started my  Knitted Chevron Pillow in early January.  I needed to knit eight rectangles, and I just finished the eighth one.


Here's all the ingredients.  That zipper looks a little short to me; I should probably buy a longer one.




I didn't get the results I expected from the variegated yarn.  I thought the yellows, oranges, and greens would all blend together.  But instead, I got chunks of yellow/orange and chunks of green.  Some of the diagonals are almost entirely one color.  Now that I look closer at the yarn, I can see that's the way it's dyed.  Since I don't like that, it's something to look out for next time I choose a "blended" color.


I wound up with lots of curly edges that I'm not sure how to deal with.  I guess I'll try getting them wet, then pinning them to my ironing board to dry.  If that doesn't work, then I'll just have to a lot more texture after I sew them together than what I envisioned.

I'll probably make the rest of the pillow parts next week.  I'm going to work on something else now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.