Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Doing Laps

Several weeks ago, I started making some charity quilts - four lap quilts and three shawls.  My plan was to make all the tops, then make all the sandwiches, then do all the quilting and binding.   I thought this would be very efficient, and for some reason I thought it would be fun.  Like doing laps.

Somewhere along the line, I got tired of that plan and came up with a new plan - finish all the lap quilts first.  Mission accomplished.


Lap Quilt #1:  I showed you this top in If It Feels Bad, Don't Do It.   Now it's complete.




Pink fleece for the backing; straight-line quilting.


Lap Quilt #2:  Pastel flannels on the front.


Pastel fleece back; concentric rectangular quilting echoes the Courthouse Steps on the front.




Lap Quilt #3:  Mostly flannels on the front.  Binding was pieced from the leftovers.


Brilliant yellow fleece on the back matches the fiesta feel of the front.  Squiggly line quilting.




Lap Quilt #4:  That stripey Kaffe Fassett in the border is the same print, but different colors, that you saw in #1.




Shocking pink fleece on back.

Now I'm off to work on the shawls; hope to finish them this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't display immediately.